Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

A stroll down Ding Darling and Indigo Trail

The weather has been great - filled with warmth and sunshine - which made for a great day of birding....off to Ding Darling I go.
I entered the drive as the gate opened - 7:00a.m. - I was a tad disappointed that I hadn't planned  the tides....low tide being noon....oh well. But who knew, it turned out to be great after all....you decide.


Aren't they lovely with the sun kiss?




That Reddish Egret with the white feathers is still around.


I parked my car by the X-dike and took a stroll down the Indigo Trail - the Red Cardinal had a serenade for me all the way through.


The Mourning Dove was cooing too.


I was glad to be here - and it was very peaceful.

A lot of action was taking place down below and it was a pleasure to watch.


From the platform I could see 4 Black-crowned Night Herons.

A pretty lady Anhinga.


A juvenile Black-crowned Night Heron.

The view from the platform.

Gorgeous Green Heron.

Where I came from...

Eastern Phoebe - busy, busy.

Pied-billed Grebe - one of many.

Wood Storks were plentiful this morning.


Tri-colored Heron chasing a meal.

Be nice now.



The Red-breasted Merganser was very active - one of many.



Hooded Merganser - my very favorite.


 Another great day of birding!
42 Species - not a bad day at all.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous collection of birds and photos. Ding Darling is an awesome place to bird. The Roseate Spoonbills are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eileen. I love them too - they sure are fun to watch and the colors - oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome colors on all the birds. However you do know I am a little partial to the Roseate Spoonbill!!!

    ReplyDelete