Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Migration continues and the Black Billed Cuckoo returns.

I couldn't wait for the sun to rise so that I could get busy and see what is happening at the Sanibel Lighthouse - the previous day I followed all the new sightings and I could hardly wait and hoped that I could see them as well.
The Blue-winged Warbler never disappoint - what is not to love!

The Blackburnian takes your breath away.

Here's the underside of the Rose-breasted Grosbeak.

Those two chicks were very vocal this morning - probably hungry.

This was a new bird for me this year and this was my first opportunity to actually be able to photograph it - just beautiful.


The Baltimore Oriole.


Yum - a fresh juicy skink for the Great Egret.


And the Black Billed Cuckoo - wow - I was so happy to be able to see it and to be at the right place at the right time.


My Easter bird.




A Green Heron - that was a surprise as I've never seen one at the Sanibel Lighthouse.

Happy Easter. 
My E-Bird List for today - with 51 species - wow, what a day!  http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S17976865

1 comment:

  1. Looks like this really was a good day for you, France! Beautiful warblers, & I love the black-biilled cuckoo. Good work! Beth

    ReplyDelete