Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Migration continues to be lovely.

Since I am a relatively new birder on the block - I don't have other preconceived idea as to how much I'm supposed to be seeing and when - either way, I am delighted to learn as I go along the way.
This Blackpoll Warbler is probably one of the fastest guy on the block - I'm just glad that I was able to see it, let alone take a photo or two.



The Indigos are still present - 1.5 weeks and still going.

This Rose-breasted Grosbeak never cease to surprise me - I would look up and there he'd be.



For a minute there I thought I was seeing a new specie - Judy Davis happened to be walking toward me when I showed her my finding - good thing too, otherwise I might still be looking for it's ID. This Rose-breasted Grosbeak is a pretty good looking female if I must say so myself.

The Northern Parula - a male - telltale signs is the dark 'necklace' below his neck.

The Prothonotary continues to take by breath away with it's simplistic beauty.



The Parula and the Prothonotary were hanging in the same tree....there's plenty of fruit to go around.

Not too far away was the juvenile Osprey - who had just jumped over from its nest - he/she will soon take its first flight.

The Black-billed Cuckoo is still in the area - what a treat to see it two days in a row.


The European Starling - often overlooked - is filled with an interesting pattern in its plumage and the yellow bill is indication of breeding.

A Prairie Warbler

Till the next time.....I live in Paradise and I am grateful. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors on the rose breasted grosbeak. I hope I spelled that right. As you say you are new at this... You get some great pictures...

    ReplyDelete