Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

An early bird - that, I am!

An early start today brought me much joy and plenty of surprises.
As soon as I passed the Bailey Tract's welcomed Kiosk - I started hearing the birds....you know....the little guys that dashes from one bush to another. I believe I was standing still for at least 20 minutes just enjoying the moment and savoring the views. After a bit, I peeled myself away and headed down the trail.
When I reached the mid path of the Middle Dike, I could hear chatter in the air.....

A Little Blue Heron caught my attention while I scanned the sky....

a harsh scolding brought my gaze into the bushes to catch sight of a House Wren.

The Pied-billed Grebe seemed oblivious to the raucous going on.

Now, do not wipe your screen - these are not dust spots but rather Tree Swallows getting closer to the water level....

They started to land on these dead twigs....

and some more came.



Those previous limbs were full, so they landed on yet more limbs....these limbs provided some interesting visual effect.


I deem this a "Tree of Life".

Across the path - a silent Gray Catbird.

After a short hop,skip and a jump - I crossed Island Inn road and arrived to the Sanibel Garden Preserves.....an Eastern Phoebe greeted me.

One of the many Yellow-rumped Warblers.

The Red-bellied Woodpeckers in their preferred environment.

A Prairie Warbler.

Another Red-bellied Woodpecker


Near the tower - a flock of White Ibis are resting on a limb...peacefully...

until the Anhinga came and wanted to claim it as his own...

The White Ibises kept on moving in order to give him the space that he seemed to need....

soon they all left - the Anhinga seemed satisfied.

One of several beautiful male Kestrel that I spotted today.

A quick glimpse of a Great Crested Flycatcher.

So, folks, you all come back you hear, the birding is great and time is fleeting.....come one, come all.
My E-Bird List for today

2 comments:

  1. The swallows on your Tree of Life would have made a good video, France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great day...Was the Anhinga being a bully? Lol

    ReplyDelete